Islamic calligraphy vinyl stencil-Allah burdens not a soul beyond what it can bear
Please note that our stencils are cut to order so although we are offering them in standard sizes, they can be any size-just contact me if you require a different size.
Calligraphy: La Yukallifu Allahu Nafsan illa wus`aha
Translation: Allah burdens not a soul beyond what it can bear
White area represents stencil holes.
Calligraphy, the art of writing, is the most admired form of art in the Muslim world. A skilled calligrapher is able to manipulate the Arabic script into an astonishing form of art that can be seen adorning walls, furniture, ceramics, textiles, and glass. You don’t have to be a skilled calligrapher (or even artistic) to enjoy this form of art. With our Arabic calligraphy stencils you will be able to replicate it onto any surface. Let your creativity shine! Stencils allow you to use any color you want so the calligraphy you create will be your own unique masterpiece.
How to use Vinyl Stencils:
Vinyl stencils are single use stencils. They have low tack adhesive backing that would make them perfect for crafting on glass, mirrors, and windows.
Vinyl calligraphy stencils consist of three layers: transfer paper, vinyl stencil, paper backing.
• Simply lay the stencil flat with the transfer paper facing up. Then use a credit card to gently rub the transfer paper to ensure proper transfer of the vinyl.
• Make sure the surface for your application is clean (from wax, oil or dust) and dry before you start.
• Mark the center of the vinyl calligraphy stencil.
• Place a long piece of masking tape at the centerline to tape the stencil from top to bottom. Then, tape the stencil to the surface where you need to apply it. Make sure it is leveled!
• Starting at the upper right corner, peel the transfer tape and vinyl away from the backing paper working your way towards the centerline. Once there, use scissors to cut the backing paper.
• Once the baking paper is removed, use a credit card to gently rub the transfer paper and vinyl onto the surface.
• Repeat steps 5-6 with the other side.
• After the calligraphy stencil is attached to your surface. Slowly peel away the transfer paper. As you are peeling it away, if the vinyl does not attach to the surface, cover it again with transfer paper, rub it with a credit card, and then peel again.
• Now your calligraphy stencil is ready for paint, etching cream, or anything else you wish to use it for.
• When you are done, just peel away!